Your provider has ordered VNG (Videonystagmography) testing, which is a procedure that evaluates the function of the inner ear. Lightweight goggles with small cameras will be worn to record your eye movements during the testing which takes approximately one hour to complete. The test requires cooperation on your part to be successful and therefore, it is important that you feel well rested for the test.
To ensure accurate testing and minimize your time spent for this test, please note the following:
- No alcohol should be consumed 24 hours before the test.
- No food or drink 3 hours prior to the test.
- No makeup or moisturizers. It is advisable to not wear contact lenses to the test. Bring eyeglasses if needed.
- Plan to have someone drive you home after the test as some patients experience dizziness and are unable to drive.
- Dress comfortably as you will be sitting and lying on an exam table for the duration of the test.
The following medications MAY NOT BE TAKEN WITHIN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE TEST:
- Sedatives/sleep medications: ex: Ambien, Lunesta
- Anti-dizziness medications: ex: Antivert, Meclizine, Scopolamine patches
- Muscle Relaxants
Please continue to take the following medications:
- High blood pressure medications
- Heart medications
- Seizure medications
- Pain Medications
Remember to bring the following to your appointment:
- Your photo identification.
- Your current insurance card.
- A list of your current medications including the dosage and frequency taken.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany any patient under the age of 18 years.
Please call 281-897-6066 if you are unable to keep your appointment or have additional questions.