- Keep head elevated on 2 or more pillows when in bed.
- You may blow your nose gently.
- It is normal for crusts to form in the nose after surgery. Use the saltwater nasal spray, and apply 2 sprays in each nostril 4 times a day. This will help minimize this.
- There may be plastic splints inside the nose. These will be removed in the office around 2 weeks after the surgery.
- The stitches under the lip will dissolve on their own over 2-3 weeks.
- If there is an abdominal wound, keep it clean and dry.
- For ear pain, use Tylenol as directed, or prescription medication as directed. The pain is usually not severe, and will subside in a few days.
- Call the office if you experience any purulent or persistent bleeding, clear nasal drainage, or fever above 101.5 F.
- Make an appointment to see the doctor in 3-4 weeks. Follow up times may vary and you’ll be given specific dates after your procedure.