Acoustic Neuroma Surgery
- Keep head elevated on 2 or more pillows when in bed.
- Avoid strenusous activities. You may continue most other regular activities.
- The sutures behind the ear will usually be removed around 2 weeks after surgery.
- If there is an abdominal wound, keep it clean and dry.
- For pain, use Tylenol as directed, or prescription medication as directed. The pain is usually not severe, and will subside in a few days.
- Call the office if you experience severe headaches, severe dizziness, persistent, clear nasal drainage, drainage from the wound or nose, worsening facial weakness, or fever above 101.5 F.
- Make an appointment to see the doctor in 3-4 weeks. Follow up times may vary and you’ll be given specific dates after your procedure.